Thursday, February 4, 2010

I Have a Feeling...That Tonight's Gonna Be a Good Night!

I had the opportunity to head down to New Orleans to witness history. It's been a life-long dream of mine for the New Orleans Saints to go to the Super Bowl. If they beat the Minnesota Vikings, they would make it to the Super Bowl for the first time in the history of the franchise. My Tito Ricky and I were there to live the dream.....

Arriving into New Orleans, the whole city was behind this team. Almost like a college football team feel to the city.....buzzing with excitement.

First stop after the airport: Saints practice facility.


Down on the French Quarter. Saw this car ready for the Super Bowl.

We were able to visit with Nanay and Tatay Espiritu. They took care of me when I was a baby while my Mom worked and my dad went to grad school. They helped raise me and had a big influence on my upbringing. Here with my Nanay.

Nanay and Tatay. Notice the fleur-de-lis on their altar.
Tito Ricky with Nanay and Tatay.
Saints Gameday! Took the ferry across the Mississippi to downtown.
THE Louisiana Superdome.
Team Slogan.

Pre-game festivities outside the dome gates.
Pre-game warm-ups.
"THE SAINTS, ARE COMING!!"

Unofficial team song: Ying-Yang Twinz "Halftime/Stand Up and Get Crunk." They play it after every touchdown. Crowd goes nuts and starts dancing.




Opening kickoff.
First offensive play of the game.
The view from our seats. Awesome environment.
Halftime entertainment: Southern University marching band. Spelled out "Brees."
My Tito Ricky and me taking it all in.
Our season, our hopes, our dreams, came down to the right leg of Garrett Hartley. For the win.....
IT'S GOOD!! CELEBRATION! WE'RE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!
Stoked x100!! Lots of high-fives, hugs, knuckle-love, and tears of joy.
Award presentation.


The sign outside the dome says it all.

Crowd leaving the Superdome. Walking through a tunnel, the whole crowd was chanting "Who Dat!!" The echo in the tunnel made is sound so loud, it was awesome!
Bourbon Street after the game: pure pandemonium.
Attending the Bobby Hebert "Point After" radio show. The "Cajun Cannon" himself.
Bobby leading the crowd through a "Who Dat!" chant.





One crazed fan on Bourbon. There were many of them.
Wow, what a great experience. Been waiting 29 years to see the Saints go to the Super Bowl, and I was there with my uncle to witness it. Big thank you to Tito Ricky for making my trip possible. Thank you to my parents for going out of their way to get my mom here to help Kaui with the girls. Last but not least a huge thank you to my lovely wife for her willingness in letting me go down to New Orleans, and for her understanding for how much the Saints mean to me, my family, the city of New Orleans, and the entire Gulf Coast region.

No comments: