Thursday, May 26, 2011

Kaui's the big 2-8!

On Monday, we celebrated Kaui's 28th birthday. I had this big plan of cooking her this awesome chocolate chip pancake breakfast. When I was just about done cooking them, it dawned on me that the pancake mix was expired by about 3 weeks. While the "research" on the internet said it should be OK, I didn't want to risk one of us, especially Kaui, getting sick on her birthday. So my special breakfast got substituted for scrambled eggs and Costco waffles.

But the rest of the day was relaxing. Kaui was able to get some of her own work done and have a bit of down time for herself. In the afternoon, Kaila helped me cook Kaui a birthday pizza, which turned out to be one of the best pizzas we've ever had. We were able to top it with things that Kaui liked, like green peppers, spinach, and mushrooms. Kaila also helped me cook Kaui's birthday cake! While the cake turned out REALLY good, the decorations didn't. My writing with frosting got all mushed together, that one of Kaui's friends on Facebook thought the girls wrote it! And we didn't have any candles so Kaui had to blow out imaginary candles. Anyway, it was a nice, low-key day for a special and incredible lady!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!
Being "cheesy"...



1 comment:

Alice said...

Love it! Kaila you have such a beautiful voice and Kenna I think you already got a piece of the frosting since you were licking your fingers. Love you all and happy birhtday, Kaui.